Cleveland Botanical Garden celebrates one of the world’s most exotic and beautiful flowers at its annual Orchid Mania show, now through Sunday, March 10. Over 3,000 orchid flowers in every shape, size, scent and color will hang gracefully in the halls and glasshouses of the Botanical Garden, creating exotic and alluring encounters to warm your winter.
Orchids are plants best seen close up, and the botanical gardens provides a great place to see, smell, photograph and marvel at these flowers. Orchid hunters searched the jungles and treetops of the world in the 19th century and earlier, looking for specimens to bring home to wealthy collectors and botanical gardens in Europe and England. Nice, isn’t it, that we just have to head to the botanical gardens to see some of these interesting flowers.
- The Greater Cleveland Orchid Society Show and Sale
- Fashion Meets the Botanicals
- Members Only Orchid Sale
- Orchids After Dark, special evening hours on Wednesdays until 9pm
- Ask the Orchid Doctor on select Saturdays and Wednesdays
- Amazing photography opportunities
- Guren Gallery will feature silk paintings from Gunter Schwegler
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Wednesday: 10am – 9pm
Sundays: Noon – 5pm
Children (3-12): $8
Children 2 and under: Free