If you’re ready to rage against the dying light of summer, look no further than Northeast Ohio’s annual end-of-the-summer party, the 14th Annual Paulaner Cleveland Oktoberfest, held Labor Day Weekend, Friday, August 31 – Monday, September 3 at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea.
The Paulaner Cleveland Oktoberfest is a holiday family tradition, attracting fun-lovers from every walk of life, while offering an exciting menu of activities and entertainment to delight young and old alike.
The event is produced by Berea Labor Day Oktoberfest, Inc., a not-for-profit organization.
Highlights of this year’s Oktoberfest include:
- Dorfrocker from Munich, Germany. Dorfrocker has once again hit the Top 10 on the German charts with their album “Heimat.Land.Liebe!” With over 1,000 shows in Germany and abroad, more than 100 TV appearances and more than 30 fan clubs, Dorfrocker (a regular at the Munich Oktoberfest) has cemented itself as one of the top party bands in the world – see them Thursday thru Sunday over Labor Day Weekend.
- Tribute Thursday Pre-Party benefiting Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital featuring The
- Chardon Polka Band, Dorfrocker and The World’s #1 Tribute to Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Bruce in the USA (one night only). Limited to Bier Garten. Admission package includes ticket for Thursday night, three 3oz craft bier samples, a brat sandwich and admission to any one of the 4 days of the Paulaner Cleveland Oktoberfest. Featured brewers include: Platform Beer Company, Sibling Revelry Brewing Company, Market Garden Brewery, Great Lakes Brewing Company and Fat Head’s Brewery.
- Ohio Lottery Monday – receive a FREE scratch off lottery ticket on Monday AND get $3 off if you bring a non-winning Ohio scratch off lottery ticket to the box office. Don’t miss their new lottery game featured on Sunday at the Oktoberfest o Our partnership with Jӓgermeister brings new swag, more ShotSki stands, and discount “Deer and a Beer” promotional offers – Jagermeister, the most successful herbal liqueur in the world.
- The 5-Star Sausage Autobahn, where you can taste a variety of the world’s best sausages. Restaurant Row features Official Oktoberfest Chef, John Roberto, who will serve up a variety of Bavarian delicacies. Also featured will be Balaton of Shaker Square (voted Best Hungarian Restaurant by Scene), Seven Roses, Frank’s Bratwurst (voted Best Brats by Scene), Das Schnitzel Haus of Parma, and the famous Schmidt’s Restaurant & Sausage Haus of Columbus.
- A Fireworks Spectacular on Sunday night presented by Coke.
- Through a partnership with Paulaner and Hacker-Pschorr, Cleveland Oktoberfest features two of Munich Oktoberfest’s most authentic and finest Bavarian Biers. To view Paulaner’s beer list, click here. To view Hacker-Pschorr’s beer list, click here.
- The Best Oktoberfest Microbrew Competition (held in the Bier Garten) will feature 16 regional brewers, including local favorites like Great Lakes Brewing Co., Fat Head’s Brewery, The Market Garden Brewery, Sibling Revelry Brewing, Platform Beer Co., and more! The competition features both a professionally judged, multi-category event Friday night, and People’s Choice voting (tallied and awarded Monday).
- Contests that include the 5-Star Oktoberfest Wiener Dog Races, the “Masskrugstemmen” (Bavarian Strong Man & Woman Competition), the Miss Oktoberfest Competition (Thursday Only), and the Cleveland Oktoberfest 5K Bier Run, and 1-Mile Walk. The race draws over 900 runners annually, with awards presented in categories by age group. Proceeds benefit Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital.
- For the Rock ‘n Rollers, the festival will feature renowned Journey tribute E5C4P3, Beatles tribute, Hard Day’s Night, 80’s tribute, The Spazmatics, Eagles tribute, Hotel California, Neil Diamond tribute, The Diamond Project, Elvis tribute, Walt Sanders and the Cadillac Band, Faction and more!
- Other Oktoberfest favorites include world champion sand sculptor Carl Jara, and a live Cleveland Glockenspiel—a gigantic two-story working cuckoo clock with dancers from Toledo Holzhacker Buam who perform skits on the hour, always punctuating performances by showering souvenirs on the crowd. Don’t forget to grab a shot at the glockenspiel bar where you’ll be served by members of local Austrian Dance Group, Tanz und Spielkreis. And if one glockenspiel weren’t enough, they’ll also be hosting the famed Milwaukee Glockenspiel. Builders of the first glockenspiel in the country, the Milwaukee Glockenspiel has been making fans go cuckoo since 1985.
- The Educational Pavilion will feature an historical exhibit by Euclid Beach Park, polka lessons, and much more.
- Shoppers and collectors will find an authentic selection of high quality merchandise in the Bavarian Shopping Village, as well as a diverse assortment of fine art in our Art & Craft Market—a show and sale featuring works by more than 50 local artists. Car enthusiast will also enjoy the display of over 30 vintage Volkswagen buses.
- The Children’s Area will feature myriad activities for kids—from inflatable bouncers (Saturday thru Monday ONLY), to a mechanical bull, Otto the Wiener Dog, a Euro bungee, face painting, a marionette show, balloon artist, and loads more!
- Ethnic dance groups, choirs and on Saturday & Monday, the renowned Singing Angels will perform.
Admission to The Paulaner Cleveland Oktoberfest is $13 at the box office each day of the festival (ONLY $10 Online at ClevelandOktoberfest.com) with children under 12 admitted free. A Four-Day Pass will also be available. Parking will be FREE throughout the event.
For complete information as to open times of festival, performance & attraction times along with details on online discount tickets, visit clevelandoktoberfest.com.
Oktoberfest is all about being social: Follow it on Facebook for FREE Ticket Giveaways. Other updates and info at #CLEOKT.
Looking for something to do ? Why not stop by Boomer Bash East next week ? We'll have live music, food samples, interesting people to meet and a few surprises up our sleeves. It's the Boomer Bash, sponsored by Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond magazine. We've gathered some of the area's best companies to share information, give away prizes, and keep you entertained for a few hours.