Spring is in the air at the 2018 Great Big Home + Garden Show, taking place February 2-11 at the Cleveland I-X Center, featuring more than 600 exhibits to help you renew, refresh and restore your home. The 10-day show is the destination to find innovative products, practical advice and great deals for all your home improvement needs.
New features and attractions at the 2018 show include:
- Whether envisioning a dream home with a rustic feel and all the modern luxuries or a space that’s completely off-the-grid, the Weaver Cabins have them covered. The first of two cabins built by Weaver Barns is a 2,100-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath rustic cabin; the second is an approximately 600-square-foot, off-the-grid cabin that offers a unique concept in utilizing solar power in the home.
- The approximately 1,500-square-footXtend Technologies’ High-Tech Luxury Lower Level built by Pepperwood Homes will inspire visitors with ideas for their own indoor/outdoor entertainment and recreation areas. This one-of-a-kind living space will feature the latest in home automation from Xtend Technologies. Guests can experience live demonstrations in Xtend Technologies’ home theater.
- Take outdoor living to new heights with the Elevated Outdoor Elegance feature. Thanks to new technology, visitors will be inspired to consider new patio design options suitable for any elevation at this feature built by Dan Guardo Contracting.
- Tiny Homes by Small Spaces CLE will allow visitors to experience first-hand why a luxury home doesn’t always mean thousands of square feet.
- Experience one of the biggest trends in camping – glamping – at this feature designed by Cabela’s and The Great Escape. No longer does camping have to mean “roughing it” and leaving the luxuries of home behind.
- The latest in design inspiration can be found at the Weavers Fine Furniture and Carter Lumber Design Center. Whether visitors are looking to transform their living room, kitchen, or bedroom, they will be sure to find inspiration in the design center.
- DIY Inspiration: One Nightstand Challenge. Six of Cleveland’s most stylish designers were challenged to take a basic nightstand from bland to bold, using only $50. Attendees will get a chance to take their dreamy creations home by placing a bid on their favorite, with auction proceeds benefitting a local chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
- Visitors can stop by “U Got Mail” to vote for their favorite local celebrity-designed mailbox and bid on a chance to take one home. Proceeds to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland.
- Stop by the Home Builders Association Housing Resource Center, located next to The Main Stage, and bring home photos, plans, or ideas to get expert advice from a professional.
Home improvement celebrities making appearances throughout the show include:
Appearance sponsored by Absolute Roofing and Construction Inc.
Clint Harp can be found regularly on HGTV’s hit show “Fixer Upper” as the dumpster diving, reclaimed wood loving carpenter. After quitting his sales job in 2011 to pursue his dream of building furniture and owning his own company, the last thing he expected was to be a nationally known carpenter featured on HGTV. Now, together with his wife Kelly and their three kids, the Harps spend each day pursuing their dream and blazing the new trail of owning their own company. Harp Design Co. provides quality furniture and home goods to customers all across the U.S. and abroad. Clint appears as a supporting role in Fixer Upper, helping his close friends and stars Chip and Joanna Gaines as they remodel in Waco, Texas. Clint takes recycled and reclaimed wood, usually found pieces, and creates beautiful, one-of-a-kind pieces meant to bring families together, which the Gaineses incorporate into their final remodel and home designs. Up next, Clint will star on the DIY Network series “Wood Work.” Clint will be appearing Saturday, Feb. 10 and Sunday, Feb. 11. Learn more about him at harpdesignco.com.
Appearance sponsored by American Family Insurance.
kiWW (Kathy Ireland Worldwide) is listed as one of the most powerful brands in the world by License Global Magazine and is responsible for billions of dollars in retail sales. The company is the recipient of multiple awards, including several Good Housekeeping Seals. Kathy and kiWW support many non-profits including: YWCA Greater Los Angeles, for which she is an Ambassador; Dream Foundation; Providence Educational Foundation; 911 for Kids/AEF; and the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Kathy is named an Ambassador for the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. Kathy will be appearing on the Main Stage Saturday, Feb. 3. Learn more at about her at kathyireland.com.
Appearance sponsored by ProVia.
A show favorite, Matt Fox will be returning as this year’s Main Stage emcee, where he will delight show visitors with his quick wit, home improvement knowledge and special educational presentations. Fox is best known for creating and co-hosting the first and longest-running show to air on HGTV, “Room by Room,” as well as hosting and producing the public television series “Around the House with Matt and Shari.” Learn more from his website, mattandshari.com.
Returning favorites from 2017 that will offer new products and designs to inspire:
- The Garden Showcase will feature Song!-themed gardens created by some of Northeast Ohio’s top landscapers. From Margaritaville to America, each garden will leave visitors whistling the tune of popular songs.
- The combined Main Stage and Loretta Paganini Cooking Stage will offer attendees home improvement celebrity appearances with the opportunity to taste and enjoy culinary delights in one location. A state-of-the-art kitchen stage and vignette will be designed and built by the Home Builders Association for consumers to tour between stage presentations.
- Show attendees can relax and enjoy fine dining among the beauty of the Garden Showcase in the I-X Bistro, a full-service, white tablecloth restaurant.
- The Club Cambria space features OBERFIELDS products and is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or a light snack.
- At The Petitti Gardening Stage, daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms will be held by Northeast Ohio landscape experts. The Petitti Floral Mart will feature numerous outdoor furniture sets and plants to purchase.
- Kids can have fun in Playground World’s KidZone, featuring a variety of safe, high-quality playground equipment and giveaways for parents.
- Children will learn how to use a hammer while constructing a small project of their choice and leave with their own orange workshop apron during the Home Depot Kids’ Workshops.
Friday, Feb. 2: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 3: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 4: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Monday through Friday, Feb. 5-9: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Tickets (Single tickets valid for one day of show):
$15 Box Office (Adult Admission)
$12 Online at greatbighomeandgarden.com or in-store at any Discount Drug Mart location (Adult Admission)
$11 Seniors 65+ with ID (Monday-Thursday only, tickets must be purchased at show box office)
$10 Group Tickets (Minimum 20)
$5 Children ages 6-12 years
FREE Children 5 and younger